Hi People,

About 3 1/2 years ago I moved from outside New Orleans to Central West Louisiana. This area is mostly timber and very limited pasture. The timber is mostly Loblolly pine, Sweetgum and various other deciduous trees. Although there is a fair amount of Deer hunting, No ONE goes out of their way to shoot yotes up here. I hear them every evening cutting up in the woods all around my area usually about 300 or 400 yds it seems but sometimes they seem as close as 150 - 200 yds. I own my own company and work out of my home repairing electric golf carts so I can take a few hours here and there to go try and shoot a few. I just need to get a few questions answered But first I will give you a general run down where I will be hunting. My neighbor will allow me to hunt his 40 acre field that has 2 year old pines planted on 8' centers. The pines are about 2' tall now with grass about 18" in the spring. We have 4 shooting lanes set up for 600 yards that we use for deer hunting there. This 40 acres is surrounded by thousands of Boise Timber land on 2 sides and hundreds of private timber land on the other two sides. Access to his land is via timber road that dead ends, literally NO traffic. The land is slightly hilled with a max elevation change of maybe 50'

I figure I will use my Savage 110FP .308, the Savage 110 in 270 Win I am building now or my AR-15 20" H-Bar.

Questions:

Should I hunt from our tripod stands we use for deer? Or should I ground hunt?

Will 130gr BTHP bullets be OK for the 270 Win or should I load 110gr or even 100gr bullets for that rifle?

How loud do you call yotes? I mean you can crank a decent amp and horn up loud enough to be heard from a mile. How loud is too loud?

Skin 'em? Cook 'em for my dogs? Bury 'em? Leave 'em for other yotes? Just wondering what you Varminters do.

Last but not least, when to hunt yotes? Morning, evening, night?

Sorry for the simpleton questions, but I just got interested in this yote shooting since I can hear 'em all night up here.

Thanks