Just wanted to post on here that I fell back in love with my axis 223 again yesterday.

It was my first time taking it out past 100y, actually found a 300y range that isn't too far from me. I started slow, shooting clay targets at 100y, then went out to 200 to try my luck... Even with basic 55gr. PMC bronze I was breaking them one after the other so I adjusted aim toward the 12" rifle gong they have out on the 300y line, loaded 5 rounds hoping to hit with at least one... Aimed and squeezed and giggled like a little schoolgirl when the first shot sent the gong swinging, had to apologize to the others on the range, but they sympathized...

Before long I was hitting the 4" gong with every pull of the trigger, seems my rifle likes the 55gr loads over the heavier loads... that works for me though as they're cheaper and easier to find...

I also enjoyed being able to hit the targets that guys with setups that cost 5-10x more couldn't hit, and spending less per shot doing it.

I never did try shooting for groups at 300y, but knowing it'll shoot just over 1MOA is good enough for me...