Ok, Shilen prefit barrel going on in 7mm Saum. Barrel blocks of white oak and typical barrel nut wrench.

I have Hornady Head Space Comparator. My stock brass, RP is very consistently 1.656" (remember, this number is NOT the SAAMI headspace number, its just a comparison number).

For my go-guage I added a piece of 3m, -- it measured out at about 1.6585 (calipers only accurate to .0001) and when I double the tape, I get to 1.661 for no go.

I threaded to the go guage and tried to tighten the nut, but the reciever always turned. I could not hold the reciever sufficiently to tighten the nut.

So I bought the Wheeler action wrench.

Now, to day, I used it, along with a 18" torque wrench on the nut wrench. First I tightened to 75 f/lbs -- but I could still turn the reciever with the Wheeler action wrench. This did not seem right.

So I gave it all I had with a breaker bar instead of the torque wrench. Has to be close to 200 ft /lbs, as I am not weak.

But I can STILL turn the action with the Wheeler wrench. Not easily. The nut moves with the action.

Is this OK?