I just got a new 12FV center feed in .223 and am thinking of getting it a new stock. I plan on only using it from the bench or prone off a bipod or bags. The idea is as I build my long range skills compete in F-Class T/R shooting with it. I expect at some point I will get a custom barrel in 1-8 twist in .223 and/or a custom 308 barrel. I am not sure if I want to go with a laminate stock or composite. My budget for right now is the under $300 so McMillian and Manners are out. That also puts out makers that build match stocks. I am just starting with this so not trying to build the ultimate match rifle. Maybe in a couple of years I will prove its worth spending big money to be competing for a top spot but for now I just want to build skills in long range shooting.

Here are the options I see:
Boyds' VT
Stockys Hart Long Range Target/Tactical LRT
Bell & Carlson Medalist
Choate Tactical
Choate Ultimate Sniper or Varmint

I understand that the Choate stocks really work better for people with large hands so that might bump them out. On thing I like about the laminate stocks are they are easier for me to shave down if needed for a better fit. I am more comfortable with wood working then fiberglass work. The Medalist is nice that it has a full length bedding block and would need less work to bed to the action. The Boyds is just cheep and could be good enough for now, but I like the tactical style with the more vertical pistol grip best. This is a bench gun so weight does not hurt performance as long as the total package is under 18lbs.

Suggestions?