I love my Predator in 204 Ruger. It lives in my truck and is my go-to rifle for reasonable distance chuck hunting and general purpose varminting. Given the terrain and vegetation that I have to navigate, I prefer a high Harris bipod as a shooting aid. Here's where the problem arises. Although the Mossy Oak Brush camo looks good, the tupperware and the long lever arm provided by the bipod result in deflection of the stock and loss of the barrel's free-floatng state. This rig routinely shoots < .5 moa at the bench on bags but the field set-up is another matter. Some loss of accuracy in the field is certainly expected but there is the routine flyer that I can only attribute to the mechanism described above. The current stock arrangement is funadamentally flawed for my intended use.

So, I love the camo combination but I am results oriented. If I have to settle for a non-camo version that is functional, that's the way it is but not really ideal. By the way, I am not an artist and the concept of me and a paint job on a new stock suggests disaster. Any advice you can provide is greatly appreciated.