Well I have a little project I've been working on for a while and it's nearing it's current configuration.
It started as a model 10GL that I picked up from someone who didn't appreciate Savages or left handed rifles so I picked it up cheap.
I then proceeded to turn it into an American Classic style rifle in .243 on a budget.I replaced the Lawyer trigger with a 3 screw and tuned it up as well as bedding and modifying the wood stock.

After getting caught up in the long range, big heavy long barreled craze for a while I realized that the rifles I was winding up with weren't very practical for much but punching paper, building muscles and learning problem solving skills such as how to move a 26"barreled 12# rifle through the woods in the dark without becoming tangled in muscadine vines or beating up my rifle too bad.
After a while I had a new vision of a handy powerful left handed carbine so I set out to build myself one. I got my hands on a .308 sporter barrel (Thanks Deltagunner) and a staggered feed detachable box mag synthetic stock with pillars (Thanks Pdog06 ).
I converted the stock over to a Lefty with a little JB weld and a Dremel. I painted it before I got the length I wanted so the paint needs some touch up. I shortened the butt about 2-3" relocated the swivel studs and filed down the recoil pad to fit the new stock profile. I changed it over from .243 to .308 and lacking the tools to do it myself took the barrel up to Kris Lee at TGS Services In Ga. to be cut down to 16" recrowned and threaded to 5/8x 24TPI. He also installed a custom ASK Research muzzle brake from another local source. After I installed it and headspaced it to minimum using brass from my dies, I put a picatiiny mount from EGW on top and mounted up a Vortex Diamondback in 3-9x40 I had sitting on a shelf. Right now I'm thinking this optic is a little large and heavy for the concept of this rifle and I see a 1-4x20 or 2-7x33 in it's future. I'm in love with it and I haven't even shot it in it's current configuration yet. It's super handy and points great being about the size of a 10/22 and smaller and lighter than a Marlin 336 yet possesses .308 power. It almost feels like it oughta be in a holster.
I still need to touch up the paint and As we all know Savage projects are rarely ever completely finished but this is gonna be a great knockaround rifle for whatever needs killin