Hello,
I am very close to picking up my 112BT, and I have narrowed down my choices to a few scopes. The rifle had a 4-14x56 first gen Springfield on it, the gun store is asking 325 now for it. The image through it is crystal clear, but the rep is so spotty for these scopes. Here are my choices and reasons, maybe a little lengthy, but I would like everyone to know where I am coming from. My max to spend is $500, but I don't want to out spend my ability if it is not necessary. I am a newbie who would have access to 300yds or less for the forseeable future.

1) Vortex Crossfire 8-32x50AO
Competitor lists for 149.00 in stock.
Good value, easy money, great warranty. Could upgrade later and keep most of the value. Also Frank in FL seems like a cool guy!

2) Vortex Viper Camera Land special 6.5-20x44
Available to order, but is V-Plex a good reticle for target shooting?
Could this scope be used for benchrest. What's the catch and why the great deal? Great warranty and customer service reviews.

3) 12 or 16x Super Sniper Mil/Mil
I normally shoot at 12-16 power, but I have never properly sighted something past 100 yds at that mag. Like the reviews, but also like variable power. Let the beatings commence!

4) Sample List 6-25x56 LRS1 scope.
$419 but camo, also 35mm, rings included but would need new weaver base. It is so wondrously gargantuan with lots of travel and is also Mil/Mil. It makes me happy to look at it, but have no idea if it is worth looking through it! Beyond that I know nothing about the glass or the innards of the scope. Is Millett worth the money? Where are these scopes made? What about warranty?(The Millet Buck Gold has been on my Radar the whole time, is this one better?)
If the function and glass are as good as Viper/SS, this would be my choice. It is going on a 47" rifle, so size aint a big deal.

Please comment, criticize, and educate. Thanks for your time and like I said, let the beatings commence...
David

***Post Modified to whittle down options***