I'm new to savage shooters forum.

I have a 111fcns (blued, synthetic stock, external box magazine) with accu-trigger in .30-06. It shoots about 1MOA (slighty under 1MOA) with Remington Core-lokt 165 grain PSP.

I am pretty happy with the gun as a deer rifle. The only thing I am not exactly happy about is the spongy feel of the stock around the barrel. Probably does not mean much, but I am thinking about finding a replacement synthetic stock. I also see that savagegunsmithing.com does a "flex-stiffening". So that might be a viable alternative (depending on what you experts tell me). This is a big game gun first and foremost.

Every experience I have had with gunsmiths has been BAD! So, I probably would go with someone reputable like SSS for the stock replacment. While there, I would get an accurizing job done (might as well, even though approx sub 1MOA is fine for a big game rifle).

With that said, where can I get a quality aftermarket stock for the 111fcns that has similar dimensions as standard stock? What make / model for the stock? I am assuming that the external box magazine requires some different type of stock.

Again, thanks for any/all answers to my questions.