Hello folks, I'm new to the Savage community. I just purchased a Savage 111 FCNS, chambered in 30-06, with Accustock and Accutrigger. Havent taken delivery yet because it arrives tomorrow. I already have a scope for it....a Millett TRS-1, that I had been using on another rifle, but I am going to need mounting hardware for the new rifle. I've been to BassPro and they have a lot to choose from; so I was wondering if anybody can recommend some mounting hardware?

In addition to the scope, I also intend to add a bipod and a sling. Is there anything in particular that I need to know about these rifles...like break-in or ammo recommendations? I dont reload (yet) so my preffered brands of ammunition are Hornady and Federal; based upon my previous experiences. I've been shooting an AR-15 but then I got into hunting and decided that I needed something more suitable. After hours and hours of research and reviews I decided that savage is the way to go. This rifle is going to be used for target shooting, and hunting (mostly hogs and deer, maybe elk and alligator). As far a bullet weigt I'm not sure where to start. Anyways, I thought I'd introduce myself.