Over the past few months, I have been lining up a .204 build on a RH SA Savage (mod 11).

First, I found a Model 10 bull blued factory take off in .204 here on the forum.

Now I did not own any SA Savages so I lay in the grass and when a local chain had them on sale I bought two brand new 11's one in .308 Win and the other in .243 Win.

I lined up a three screw and four screw trigger with the idea of using them in each of the two 11's I bought over time but I found out that they don't fit the new rifles anymore.

So I found an accutrigger here on the forum (thank you pdog06!!)

I paid blood money for a new detachable magazine for .223/.204. (from the local gun shop)

I found a bolt head complete for .223 and ilk, again here the forum! (thank you Carlos!!)

Well today ......... that long road paid off:

I was tooling along in my "cat wagon", my Suburban cat killin' machine ..... LOL and an ote jumped out of the bushes at 100 and shot across the pasture and into some brush.

It made it's way up and out to just a shade under 300 yds and climbed a cliff and peeked around the rim rock after about 3 or 4 mintues ......

HEY ... if I can be patient enough to wait until I got that model 11 right .... I can SURELY sit and wait for three minutes or a shade more for a coyote to do something DUMB ......... ?

Well, he had just his front shoulders and head exposed past the rock cliff and he was looking to see what my good 'ole cow dogs were up to ....... hee hee ..... they were listening to me for a change and staying put!!

So with a little self-discipline on my part .... I get anxious and hold over most of the time ........... I am consistently trying to treat these string like fast cartridges like a .30-06 and give him some more elevation but my brain won out for a change!!!

My first kill with this action and build happened with me seeing his feet fly up and him roll off that ridge!!! Saw the whole thing in "living color" and if there was any recoil, you could have fooled me. All that speed enabled me to maintain the sight picture and get the DETAILS!

An inch and 1/4 high at 100 and I held a couple inches below his back at 275 yds. worked like a charm!!

The bar is set and it's not set low now .......... LOL!

Best regards

Three 44s