I recently picked up a very recent production (judging from the fact that this is the highest serial number I have personally seen yet) Long Action Chambered in 300WM. This was the model with the DBM and NO Accu-trigger. I have since parted this out, as I only wanted the action, and I noticed that the trigger is nothing like the other pre/non accu-trigger Savage/Stevens guns I have built from in the past. Below are a couple of pics showing the trigger. In the first pic the top action is a Accu-trigger model, and the lower one is the LA. In the 2nd pic, top is the Accu-trigger and bottom is the LA trigger.

[img width=529 height=768]http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx111/bootsmcguire/DSCF1684.jpg[/img]

My mission was to see just how similar these are and if they are interchangeable. So I switched the triggers (as pictured in the 2nd pic) on the actions and both worked respectively. Other than the safety screws needing adjusting to the new action (which I was not inclined to do due to having the Accu-trigger model set just as I like it) they worked perfectly and the trigger pull got noticeably lighter and more crisp. I guess my question is:

Has anyone else seen one of this style of plain trigger?