Ok, been debating this for a while now and decided that I need to ask some questions. I have a 16 FHSAK that will shoot two rounds nice, but starts stringing the shots afterwards (3rd shot goes over an inch, 4 up to four). This is a thin barrel and was wondering if I should get a different barrel. I use the gun for hunting, but in the off season I like to go to the range and just shoot. Several people on the boards have decided that this accuracy is good enough for a hunting rifle, and have bashed me for it. I am just trying to get the most out of my gun and make it as accurate and fun to shoot. Some people seem to think that is strange.

I don't shoot very fast, but I want to be able to maximize my shooting time without waiting over 15 minutes between each shot (nominal time for the barrel to cool down a tad bit to get somewhat consistent shots). Is this unreasonable? It was suggested to get a heavier barrel and this would help. I don't have this issue with any other rifle, just this one (have 3 others in 308 with factory barrels a Remington, Ruger, and a CZ).

So I guess I am asking should I get a better barrel? Maybe switch to a slightly heavier profile? What about the stock? Can I use a heavier barrel with the current accustock setup? I am don't want to make the rifle too heavy, but am willing to increase the weight a little to get more range time out of the gun. I don't even have problems with going to a short barrel (20") if this keeps the weight down. I only shoot 300yds or less and know my limitations.

Sorry for making this so long. Thanks for the help or suggestions.