ok let me say that im not that handy and im not real confident changing out stock parts on weapons. i recently bought a 110 fcp h&s stock in 300 win mag and the bolt lift isnt horrible but ive been reading alot on here about these bolt lifts and would like to see how much it improves. i know that stockade makes one and seeing how im not that handy and such i was wondering if this kit was a drop in kit? ther have been alot of people who say that they grided off the thickness of the kit off of the BAS but i dont want to screw up the threads on it. i was really wanting a drop in a guess. something that i could just take off the BAS drop it in and screw the BAS back in and be done. i know its always a good idea to familiarize yourself with your weapons and i will (youtube is my friend) i just wanted to keep it simple for now since this is my first savage (which i absolutely love). ive been around guns all my life and own many. ive never fired a rifle so many times that the bolt needed to be taken down and cleaned (other than my ar15). please be gentle as its my first post!