What are y'all doing to clean the inside of case necks? I started using the Lee collet neck sizing set up for my .270 win. & 30.06 and absolutely love it. Santa gave me the deluxe die sets for Christmas.

Prior to neck sizing, I run a brush into the necks to remove soot & clean up the outside of the neck with steel wool. Then, run them thru the press, then clean the primer pocket & lock the case up into the battery drill. I like to run the brush thru the neck for about 15 to 20 seconds or wrap a strip of Scotch Brite around a thin piece of bamboo stick and run it thru the neck to get them nice, clean & shiny. Is this taking it a little too far? Is this OCD or some other form of addiction? The end result I'm looking to achieve is consistancy when I seat the bullets. I notice greater consistancy with the neck sizing as compared to FL sizing.

I notice I had to adjust the charges a little since I was full length sizing & pressing the case necks down to .275" for the .270 & .306" for the 30.06. The collet neck sizing dies set the case necks at .276" & .307" respectively.

It's also important to handle all completed rounds with care. It doesn't take much of a bump to shove the bullet into the neck...

Thanks for any responses in advance.