Hello friends. I have this rifle from Savage. I was pretty happy with it out of the box but as time goes on, I am feeling the desire to return it to Savage. I went to the website and looked at customer service/ warranty info and was very surprised to see that they only offer a one year warranty.

The overall biggest problem is that I can't get shots to group. I don't think I'm expecting too much from this rifle. I'm a handloader and I have tried 3 powders (IMR 4064, Varget, and H4895) and a dozen brass and bullet combinations. I just can't get tight groups. At 50 yards I am getting 3 to 4" groups. At 100 yards about the same, sometimes 5" groups. Granted I have gotten a few 1.5" groups but using the SAME loads that achieved those groups, the next time I shoot those loads, I get 3 or 4" groups again. I am using a good solid rest. I passed a dollar bill around the bbl and it appears to be free-floating. I have a torque drive and torqued the stock to various foot pounds (20 to 40), still can't find a sweet spot.

A few other minor issues:
--- The rear trigger guard screw was stripped from day 1.
--- The Savage emblem on bottom of the stock pistol grip recently fell off (it was glued)
--- The safety is not smooth, you have to work it side to side to get it all the way forwards and backwards

I was thinking since it has been beyond one year (it's been about 1.5 years since I purchased), my choices are to call Savage and plead my case or send it to my gunsmith.

I appreciate any and all advice.

Many thanks-