Hello everyone,
I have a 110-E (308 win) that I bought new in 1968 (GemCo $85.00). It came with an adjustable trigger and I added a rubber recoil pad. The barrel at the muzzle end is slightly over 0.500" diameter so, it seems very light weight. When new, I immediately put 40 rounds through it and placed it in my vault. It’s been sitting in my vault since 1968 and it’s flawless. It’s only seen daylight when it gets a yearly oil massage. Recently, my interest in it has been renewed and I’m planning on using it quite often. To compensate for the stout recoil, I have considered machining a muzzle brake and threading the barrel. To do this, the front sight ramp must be removed and relocated. This will require the barrel to be re-blued, etc. I know if done properly, the job will come out just fine but, I also wonder if I’m doing this gun a great disservice by altering a pristine firearm so late in it’s life. On the other hand, I could use it “as-is” for an occasional shooter, tolerate the recoil and keep it in pristine condition.

Your opinions would be most appreciated.
Thanks