OK couldn't wait to get to the store, so loaded up some with what I had to see if the velocity range was gonna be where I want it. It will.

I made up some reduced loads with IMR 4895 and 35 gr Vmaxes. I loaded some at 17gr, some at 18 gr and some at 19 gr.

Average vel for the 17gr loads was 2076fps. Average for the 18gr loads was 2171. Average for the 19gr loads was 2376. I tried to get some sort of accuracy test, but 2 factors really skewed the results. First, and foremost was no rest available and I was a bit too wobbly to make it worthwhile. Second, was I was using my 16" barreled mini 14 and not my Savage bolt. It seems the rifle I thought I had in the safe was last made into a 243, and not a 223 like I thought I had done (memory goin a bit I guess). So I will continue on that line to get a suitable load for accuracy (in the correct rifle) and using the "green" bullets. Wouldn't want them condors picking up my used lead.

Anyway, it looks like this is no longer a "wildcat" thread, so I will end it here. Thanks for all the suggestions and helpful hints. Sometimes I guess you can look all over for something and find it staring you in the face.

I will post in the standard caliber section when I get a load that works for me.