I've been wanting a 300 Win Mag for 1,000 yard shooting, as much as I love my custom built 6.5/284 (Barnard action- Krieger Barrel), I liked the idea of a heavier bullet for long range shooting. I saw an ad for a Savage 110BA in 300, they guy ended up selling it pretty darn cheap, so I figured I was in..... If I didn't like it or if it wasn't accurate, I could easily get my money back.
I've been to the range twice testing loads at 150 yards, then yesterday I went out for the third time. I went to our 1,000 yard range (Young's Long Shot - Indiana) to try a few more loads and I wanted to try this thing at 1,000. Enough BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.....
I'm VERY pleased with the rifle, the trigger is light and crisp, it's not a 6 oz. bench rifle trigger, but it's SWEET!
It appears to be plenty accurate right out of the box, the group pictured shows two things (I think). It shows that I need to work on my shooting skills and that this thing is VERY accurate!!!
Recoil is amazingly low, almost no muzzle jump and very little rear motion.
The only downside is the noise and the muzzle blast. The poor guys that are next to you and the range will not enjoy that at all. I would warn the guy next to me when I was ready to fire, that was much appreciated!
I did get out to 1,000 with what was left (3 rounds) of the Hornady 180 grain factory ammo. It was real windy and I still manages 3 shots on the steel plate that were 8'' apart. I know it can do better.
Bottom line, Buy one, you'll like it!!!