The biggest reason I wanted MIL/MIL is I have gotten used to calculating ranges using MIL. The formula is easy for me to remember. I am able to get hits inside a 6" circle reliably using the mildots for holdover out to 400 yards. I think if I were able to dial up the holdover I think I would be able to shrink the groups a bit. Aiming dead center of the target I can shrink the groups to sub MOA but the drop puts them off target. As it is right now I don't use the dials for anything after I get the scope zeroed. I only punch paper and steel so this isn't life and death but would like to be very comfortable with whatever setup I decide to use.

I have and use Ballistic FTE as well as Knights Armament BulletFlight on my Iphone. Both these programs can be setup to give solutions in MOA or MIL. They are wonderful programs and would recommend them to anyone. You put in all the geographical and atmospheric data on the day you zero. After that any time you go to shoot, regardless of conditions, you can update it with current geographical and atmospheric data "on the fly" and the program makes changes to get you on target. I have found them to be very accurate and are basically high end versions of a drop chart.

I guess I can do a drop chart with 1/4 MOA and only use the reticle to range. This shouldn't be an issue because the turrets on the scope I use are marked in MOA. Actually this is probably what I will do, have a drop chart with MIL and use it for quicker shots. And if I have time I can dial in more precise shots using the turrets.

Thanks for all the advice and options,
Dolomite