I didn't take it as Savage bashing.

In fact I do not even own a Savage rimfire, never have but I do know what it takes to make rimfires shoot. Most tips and techniques that work for one rimfire will work on others. 3 MOA is definately not what I would call accurate so your concern is definately justified.

From the sounds of it the rifle could be improved upon. Any flexing or flimsyness is never a good thing for any rifle regardless of make. If the wood is seperating then there definately is an issue and the flexing metal is an big issue.

I suspect a decent bedding job with pillars will fix the flexing which in turn will increase the consistency leading to a more accurate firearm. Something you might try in the interim is placing a washer under the metal place to take of the slack. Other than that I am not sure what else you might be able to do with the factory stock. There are a few makers of aftermarket stocks for Savages and almost any of them will be better than the factory one.

I don't want you to think I was impying it was anything with how you shoot. I was just giving tips that I have found to help.

Dolomite