Ok, i accomplished multiple things today!

Well mirage at 400-500 was absolutely rediculous, no bullet holes and 2" black square looked like 6". Also wind kicked up to around 9-10 mph, would settle down to about 6 or so with a couple seconds of no wind then bam hits again.

I went ahead and set up my brand new 500yd target!! (old dryer lol).

Set up my stuff at the bench and adjusted my scope up for a 400yd zero. the group came out to about 3" with all the freaking wind. I took time between shots for barrel to cool because I had to drive 400yds to see my hits. Vertical spread was about 3/4" but lateral spread was 3". acording to this, it confirms my thoughts. less then 1" group feasable at 400!!

Ok I pulled up my ballistics chart which is the one on biggameinfo.com. I guessed at my muzzle velocity and put in the known bc and weight of bullet and 400 yd zero.

Said I needed so many clicks to 100yd zero so I proceeded to click and shot a dead nuts 3 leaf clover 1/2" high An a little left from the wind at 100. So now I have a starting 100-400 dope. Set it up again to verify 400 and sure enough right in the middle of the other 3.

Back down to 100 hit same spot. Ok now to 500. The ballistics chart showed how many clicks for 500 yds. Clicked it up and set for a while to see if wind would die down.

After a while we got fed up and shot 22s for a while discussing things about barrel heat and effects on poi. Well bout that time the wind suddenly stopped so i jumped on the big gun and what ya know it kicked back up to arou 5-7 so I said screw it.

The wind was anywhere from nothing to around 6 so I tried sending 7 rounds down range as fast as I could while the wind was calm.

As you can see the first shot was the lowest. The second shot hit left, third shot stacked rift on top of first, 4th shot is a lil higher but left, I pause for a sec to feel the barrel which was warm and fired the next one which was higher but center, i waited a hair longer each time now and each rose higher and higher.

I stopped after 7 because it was plain to see. Shot one at 400 to verify and was high. Waited bout an hour and was back on at 400.

as you can see i was low at 500. I adjusted in the ballistics program for scope sight height and recalculated, adjusted scope a few clicks up according to program and shot once at 100 400 and 500 going by program dope and was dead nuts out to 500!!! and seems safe to say im shooting right at 3250fps.

Now i I have my 50-500 dope that i can count on.

All in all I am very pleased. Very capable of 1.5" groups at 500 in good conditions.....(look at that vertical spread or lack there of for first 4 rnd)

One day I will get a calm day and move back to 600.