I have personally seen that the SSS extractor can, and often does need a little bit of tweaking in order to work on a PPC bolt head (that at one time was a .223 bolt head). Now one might insinuate that the gunsmith who opened up the bolthead didn't do it to "spec", but I would argue that matter. The PPC bolt head can be a little tricky, but they are doable. I know of folks who use them in their Savage's and have great success.

I am glad that SSS offers the extractor, but you may still run into problems. You might try different extractor springs, and oversized ball and see if that helps. I would assume buying a complete PPC bolthead from SSS would get some extra attention needed in order to make sure that it will function correctly for their consumers. I have never bought one, so I can't comment on how theirs works.

When Savage puts out their 7.62X39 rifle, places like Midway will be quick to jump on and purchase these to sell on their site. I wonder when that takes place if they will also have special extractor parts that need to be purchased in order for the bolt head to work as it should?