Yes, SSS is the only company that I know of that makes PPC bolt faces, they open up a 223 bolt head to PPc dimensions. Yes, a 7.62x39 bolt head is the same, and I am not sure who is selling this bolt head, I am also not sure that Savage is making a special bolt head for this, they may be using a standard bolt head and a special extractor. This works too, as some BR guys order a BR bolt face (There is a difference between a BR and a 308 in custom actions, it has to do with the extractor.) on there custom actions so they can switch between the two.

I would also argue that from what I have seen in the past Savage has a problem holding the dimensions right on bolt heads, heck do a search and see how many people are complaining that there gun has problems ejecting shells, it is predominate in 22/250, and 6BR calibers, the problem is from out of speck bolt heads. It would be quite possible that if they are making a PPC bolt head it is out of speck, and it may have problems. I have never heard of anyone owning a 7.62x39 gun yet, nor have I seen one, to know what they did, and if there is any problems. You could get by using a standard bolt fact with a custom ejector, but you are in the same boat, SSS is the only company I know of that makes a PPC extractor, and who's to say that the standard bolt head is in speck, and you may still have ejection problems.

One thing I can say for sure is the SSS PPC bolt head is in speck, and will eject the cases.