I just picked up a stainless 116 (accu-trigger/accu-stock) in a 30-06 as the basis for a long range shooter. What a great gun, I can't wait to get it to the range!

My initial thought was to "match" the stainless finish of the gun with a silver scope, but now that I'm scope shopping, I'm realizing that by looking at just "silver" scopes, I'm REALLY limiting my options! I realize that scope-color is NOT the correct way to shop for a scope, but I pictured this gun in my head with a silver scope and am now having a tough time convincing myself that a black scope will look OK.

Can I get some thoughts (and maybe some pics!) from others on the forum regarding where I should go from here? I haven't picked out the exact scope I'd like to purchase, but I'm looking to put a "VERY NICE" scope on this gun. Not a top of the line $2K scope, but something along the lines of a Bushnell Elite 6500 (or similar comparable model in another brand). ($500-$800)

Also, if I do end up with a "matte" scope on a silver gun, how do you think I should match rings and base? Silver, or black?

Thanks!