Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Choate Tactical Stock

Re: Choate Tactical Stock

Quote Originally Posted by sha-ul
    Quote Originally Posted by GaCop
    The Ultimate Varmint is a better stock than the Ultimate Sniper for riding the bags in my opinion. Their both really heavy though.
    I know the stippling on the UV is rally harsh on your hands, not too bad with gloves though.
    +1, I had to take sand paper to mine to tone it down as recoil was abrading my hand.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

CGcook

For the money its a pretty good stock, Its is a bit on the heavy side, but who really hikes around with a tactical stock. It is a "drop in" stock so to speak. But you would really benefit from a good bedding. Overall its a good buy for the money. if you willing ot put a bit of work it could be a really good stock

Basic Member
    You have my interest....how does the folder shoot as compared to a regular fixed stock?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ring31 View Post
    i u want to save some weight, get the folder, its about the same cost right from Choate ..

Basic Member
    Just got my choate tactical for my dbm model 11. I dont know what you guys think is heavy but i think this stock is pretty light. Granted i havent held a mcmillian or belle&carlson of similar style. Yeah its a tad heavier than stock model 11 stock (non accustock) but there is more material on this choate. I mounted it to my factory barreled 270 wsm and it feels great, def not heavy in my opinion.

Fit was good just needed minor work around trigger guard with dremel. 5-10 min of sanding roll and test fitting taking tad off at a time.

Dorton

I just got a choate tactical for my Stevens 200 LA Center Feed. The fit and finish was great. Pleased so far. I removed the swivel studs, and filled in the indentations. Looking forward to testing soon. The weight is nice, and is 36oz heavier, and much, much more rigid.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

theflyguy
    I didn't like the stock that came with my Model 11, so I ordered myself a Chaote Tactical stock. Always wanted to do a camo job on my rifle....this is how it turned out.

Only mods I had to make was around the trigger guard. Added a Harris Bi-pod and adapter, in order for the bi-pod to sit flush with the flat bottom stock.

Did a plastic primer on the stock then did four different colors. Whole camo job only cost me $25.

Last edited by theflyguy; 01-06-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Dorton

I got a chance to shoot mine out to 1k yards today. The stock has made a huge improvement in the feel of the gun. Best 3 shot group was 6", best 5 shot group was 15. I was very pleased especially since the ammo was Hornady 180 gr Soft Point with flat base..

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12