Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hand Primers

Basic Member

Re: Hand Primers

As stated previously, I have a Lee and have had no issues with it. However, curious if anyone has used the Sinclair or K&M single primer - a bit slower than using one with a tray, but they do appear to be made of better material.

Baja_Traveler

Just primed 400 .204 rounds using my Lee while watching TV. It does get hard on the thumbs after awhile. I'm considering Plasti Dipping the handle to add a bit of cushion. My only real complaint has already been mentioned - If they made the primer tray 1/8" bigger in diameter a primer pack would fit!

JCalhoun

I have two Lee's and, like Elkbane, have only had one issue with them. They are too narrow for a 7WSM to fit. I had to open one of them a little bit with a Dremel tool. No biggie, took maybe 10 minutes.

If you are only going to load for one cartridge you may not want to invest in the package of shell holders. Also be aware that the priming tool shell holders and die shell holders are not the same.

Team Savage

Anybody try the Hornady?

geocole

I first bought a Lee to prime my cases. After awhile the handle broke and I had to buy a RCBS. The RCBS was a lot harder to set up and change from small to large primers.
    I had ordered a handle for the Lee and got a second primer so I could load both large and small primers.
    Everything worked good with the Lee and I set aside the RCBS.

Now that I am older and started using Wolff primers I went back to the RCBS as it is easier to push the primers in. The RCBS has the longer handle.

I still use the Lee on small rifle and pistol when using up the last of CCI primers but need the RCBS when using Wolff.

Basic Member

I have two RCBS primers. One set up for large, one for small. Takes less than a minute to change shellholders. Loaded many thousands of rounds without a hiccup. Never tried any others so I can't really compare. Priming 200 rounds gives you a pretty good grip workout.

Basic Member

I have had a Lee for eons-Yeah, I broke the handle, they sent me a new one and it's still going. I don't even know where the primer arms for my presses might be!! I know this is repetitous, but the reason I chimed in was to ask if anyone uses the press mounted auto prime II? I'm thinking about dedicating a small press and try to modify it to a short throw for those long sessions.
    Thanks, Steve

groupshooter22

Quote Originally Posted by durango
    I have had a Lee for eons-Yeah, I broke the handle, they sent me a new one and it's still going. I don't even know where the primer arms for my presses might be!! I know this is repetitous, but the reason I chimed in was to ask if anyone uses the press mounted auto prime II? I'm thinking about dedicating a small press and try to modify it to a short throw for those long sessions.
    Thanks, Steve
    I use the auto prime 2 and like it alot. I use the Lee Classic cast and with the stops its possible easier to seat the primers to a consistant depth. Anybody want to buy a RCBS universal priming tool?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12