Last year I reworked my Savage 10FCP .308 into a 260 Rem. This was the first year I got to shoot it for deer. My wife was the first to take a deer with it and I wasn't hunting with her at the time. She did a text book shot through both lungs and didn't hit a leg or shoulder bone, yet we lost both front shoulders. I shot mine with it and also did a great shot right straight through the heart. It completely blew the heart up and made the lungs look like pudding. And I lost both front shoulders even though I didn't hit shoulder or leg. My 10 year old son shot a deer with it too. He shot with the deer pretty much facing him at about 200 yrds. Put a bullet low in the neck and it came out of the neck and traveled about half way down one back strap. We lost one shoulder and half of one back strap. Seeing what I saw of this bullet this year I would have no problem shooting a moose or elk with this gun. But I am thinking this might be a little too much for deer.

I can't complain too much though, we have three deer in the freezer for this winter.