i recently became addicted to savages as i bought a 10 in 204 ruger with a SSS trigger and boyds laminate stock and i just slapped on a shilen barrel from Jim. The problems i am having with the stock is that when the rear action screw is just starting to get tight, the bolt will get sticky about midway through the raceways and is hard to even get to release from the action. As i tighten the screw more, it just gets stickier and stickier to the point of being scary. Out of the stock the bolt glides free. I also noticed the rear tang is not floated and the bolt will sometimes actually graze the safety when cycling fast, which will cause the safety to either go "on" or "off". Maybe floating the tang will resolve that issue, but my main concern is the action being in a bind due to the stock somewhere on the receiver. How do i tell where the heck i need to relieve this tension? I thought about cutting most any contact with the stock/action out and just glassing it with hopes that this will be cured. Thanks for a great site and wonderful information. I have to hurry up and finish thi s project so i can start my 6.5 x 284 project.