After a lengthy search for a left-hand .223, I recently acquired a Model 11 Trophy Hunter in that caliber. Unfortunately, it has the plastic magazine trigger guard and surround, so I'd like to replace those with metal parts if I can find them. I've read everything I can find on this forum and elsewhere, and it seems like I want the bottom metal with the thin front edge. However, in looking at photos online, it seems that the magazines for these guns have two or three different latch types. I have only the magazine that came with the gun, and the latch on it is a rather flimsy-looking piece like a shepherd's crook. I'd like to get at least two additional magazines. Am I restricted to magazines like the one that came with my gun? Or must I match the magazine type with bottom metal? Or am I missing something? Any advice appreciated.

Things sure have gotten complicated since I got my first Savage 110L in 1967. It's a 1959 model in .270, and I still have and use it. Killed my first deer and first wild boar with it...many years ago now. :)

Thanks for any suggestions.

Cheers,
Whisper