Thread: Any secrets to improve the gun?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    There Ya' go !! Even ugly girls can dress up real nice.....

Spend some time and get your brass as consistent as possible. Uniform the primer pockets
    and clean up the flash holes for any burrs. Neck tension is very important. My advice at this
    point would be to use a .003" interference. If you have carbon in the neck, leave it alone.
    It's a good thing. Consistent bullet release is also key to good numbers. Once your confident
    the brass is right, start your seating depth tests. I'd just start at .010"out then move in .003"
    at a time. I would expect a 1/2 MOA rifle. Set a goal for yourself to shoot a 1", 5 shot group at
    200 yards.
    Keeping my bad Karma intact since 1952

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuj' View Post
    There Ya' go !! Even ugly girls can dress up real nice.....

Spend some time and get your brass as consistent as possible. Uniform the primer pockets
    and clean up the flash holes for any burrs. Neck tension is very important. My advice at this
    point would be to use a .003" interference. If you have carbon in the neck, leave it alone.
    It's a good thing. Consistent bullet release is also key to good numbers. Once your confident
    the brass is right, start your seating depth tests. I'd just start at .010"out then move in .003"
    at a time. I would expect a 1/2 MOA rifle. Set a goal for yourself to shoot a 1", 5 shot group at
    200 yards.
    I really appreciate your help. I advanced miles yesterday with your recommendations. I have a Franklin Arsenal Platinum case prep unit I started using about a month ago to prepare my brass. After yesterday, and some more shooting with this load to really dial it in, my next goal is to shoot a 5 shot group in a 1MOA target bullseye at 100 yards. I'm confident the gun is fully capable of it, now it's some fine tuning of the load while working on the biggest variable in all this, and that's me.

Do you have any recommendations for both front and rear bags?

What do you know about RMR bullets for reloading? They seem to get pretty high reviews, but you know what the internet can say....