I' can't believe this was allowed to leave the factory. My new Boyd's stock has a number of problems. The metal edge of the buttplate is not flush and has sharp enough edges that it WILL draw blood if you run your fingers against it (it made me bleed as I took it out of the box!). There are gaps and uneven/unfinished spots on the Limbsaver pad -- and I've never seen one THAT color of grey LOL. The hole for the grip bolt was not finished out, and I had to dig out a rasp and work it just to be able to get the grip bolt in. And the opposite recess is not deep enough to allow the frame to fit flush.

I expect occasional minor fitting with mass-produced stocks. I can overlook the grip bolt hole not being finished and can fix the frame-fit issue, but the rest just isn't acceptable -- at least not in my opinion.

This stock came from Haus of Arms, but I am going to contact Boyd's directly to see if they will either correct the issues or swap out the stock. And I'll let Marty at HOA know as well since something like this can ding a reputation in a hurry -- and it's certainly not his fault.