Quote Originally Posted by Fasteddie01 View Post
I had an A-22 for a couple years and when I put a Gunshack trigger-spring into it I was able to get groups under 1" at 50 and about 1.5" at 100, using a 12X scope and SV ammo. The t-spring got the pull down to about 2.5# - half of where it started. As for ammo, you have to test to find the 'best' for your particular rifle. Mine did well with SK+ but also CCI-SV. Having a good 'Stable' rest is key to 'real accuracy'. I moved on to CZs after the A-22 - you can get a used CZ452 or 455 for the price of an A22. But I also have a B-22 that I've kept since b4 the 'A' and it shoots almost as well as the 455 I have. And ALL my 22s have 'low-pull' triggers after 'polishing the innerds' and adjustiing or replacing springs.
Agree about the bolt actions being more desirable in terms of accuracy. I've got a Ruger 77-22 that's probably my favorite rifle. It shoots as well as I can, for sure. I've been on the trail of getting real accuracy out of a semi-auto, ideally without devastating the bank account.

I'm tempted to find the cheapest model of the A-22 and start tinkering but I think I'd like to end up with one of the Boyd's stocks anyway, so I might just as well start looking at the Target or Varmint models. :)