While I was shopping through Ebay for used scopes, I ran across this Pine Ridge 2-7X32, old stock, new in the box for $39.99 OBO.I offered $34.99 and it was mine.

I bought one of these probably 15 years ago in the "Bargain Cave" at Cabelas and put it on my Ruger 77-22 and I've really liked it a lot. I find the optics to be quite good and it's been super accurate on that rifle. It doesn't see any rough treatment but it's held zero dead on for all this time. I've adjusted the elevation a time or two for different ammo or yardage but I don't think I've ever touched the side adjustment.

For a scope that was always in the lower-budget category, this is a good scope. I just compared it to my Vortex Crossfire II 2-7X and the clarity and light seem to be at least as good. Eye relief is ample and the eyebox isn't overly position sensitive. There are plenty of comments on the internet about these scopes not holding up on rifles with substantial recoil and I don't think I'd trust it on a heavy hitter but I find it to be a perfect scope for a rimfire or maybe small-caliber centerfire. I like the look of the old-school eyepiece and the compact profile.

All in all, I'm happy to have a spare one of these. Anyone had any particularly good or bad experiences with them?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	149.5 KB 
ID:	10637