Thread: Nightforce NX8 4x32x50

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    I 'grew up' with the mil system in the Army. Bino reticles and scopes were all marked in mils so any spotter would give correction in the same language. My use was on tanks so ranges were a bit different :) If you use a spotter on a regular basis then use whatever reticle they use for targeting information. And do get adjust knobs the same as your reticle.

On rifles I like MOA mainly because most of my targets are marked in inches and sometimes MOA. NRA targets as an example. A side benefit is the MOA marked scopes are sometimes less expensive.

Other than convenience there really is not an accuracy advantage.

Basic Member
    Thank you.

Good replies all - sometimes agreeing to disagree which is the way it is supposed to be. Glad to be a new member here, really am.

Because I'm familiar with the Zeiss Conquest V4 in MOA - and I want to learn MIL - I ordered the S3 4x25x50 in MIL. Am willing to do the work needed to make the transition over to MIL. Time will tell and I'm confident in the scope. The rest will be up to me and I'm committed to learning.

Thanks again.

NX8 4-32 is one of my favorite scopes along with NF ATACR, BEAST and a NF Competition. Been messing with all sorts of scopes for over 60 years and they just keep getting better. Whatta Hobby!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NX8 2.jpg   NX8 1.jpg   NX8.jpg  
    Semper Fi

Sgt USMC 66-72

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NF1E View Post
    NX8 4-32 is one of my favorite scopes along with NF ATACR, BEAST and a NF Competition. Been messing with all sorts of scopes for over 60 years and they just keep getting better. Whatta Hobby!
    Nicely done Sir.

The reason I went with Zeiss over Nightforce was because I am more familiar with Zeiis adjustment dials. Was NOT an easy choice between the two.

The NightForce Competition 15-55x52mm is another great scope for those shooting for tiny targets. Not cheap, but one heck of a nice scope. Whatta Hobby!
    Semper Fi

Sgt USMC 66-72

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NF1E View Post
    The NightForce Competition 15-55x52mm is another great scope for those shooting for tiny targets. Not cheap, but one heck of a nice scope. Whatta Hobby!
    Sir,

Couldn't agree with you more!!! That scope, however, its Target advantages don't very well transfer over to hunting. The scope I chose will be asked to do both.

Cheers.

Very good. Never even considered hunting use as I haven't done any of that for at least 30 years. Whatta Hobby!
    Semper Fi

Sgt USMC 66-72