Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 30x357 maximum

Quote Originally Posted by HotRodAl View Post
    I have a 6.5 Max done by OTT, it gets almost the same velocity as 6.5 TCU. I just shortened a set of 6.5 TCU dies and Mike chambered the barrel from them. Neat little round and as usual for OTT barrels it shoots extremely well.
    Now that is interesting. Could be a one of a kind? I wish Mike would start doing centerfire barrels again.

Quote Originally Posted by BT View Post
    Now that is interesting. Could be a one of a kind? I wish Mike would start doing centerfire barrels again.
    You and me both brother! Every single OTT barrel I have ever fired was a shooter!
    It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fencepost than to shoot for the fencepost and hit the ground!

Team Savage
    Quote Originally Posted by HotRodAl View Post
    I have a 6.5 Max done by OTT, it gets almost the same velocity as 6.5 TCU. I just shortened a set of 6.5 TCU dies and Mike chambered the barrel from them. Neat little round and as usual for OTT barrels it shoots extremely well.
    Al. any initial case head sizing issues? thinking this through is hurting a bit, I can see my first barrel bill, 25 26 27 30 338

I already started this with 360 DW brass, should of gone Max

Basic Member
    No I have had zero problems with sizing issues, the Max brass has to be annealed before sizing if you are using Remington brand, if not I get case splits about 50% of the time when fireforming. I haven't used any other brands in forming this round. I do have some WW brand and IHMSA brand Max brass also. I do have some 360 DW brass but haven't done anything with it, was considering a rimmed 300 BK, but have a couple thousand formed 300 BK rounds already.

Team Savage
    I have 221FB 300 BO and a 338 of mine all rimmed using 360 brass, I am planning on having the 300 bored deeper you have to cut to much off the finished 300 case as is,
    I do have a 256 win mag thinking it needs to go super

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysmarine View Post
    I do have a 256 win mag thinking it needs to go super
    I’ve given thought to that but then I enjoy shooting my 256 win mag to much. Maybe some day I will come across another 256 at the right price and have it rechambered to the max.

I have a 22 Max chambered by OTT based on a 222. The neck is a hair shorter. I use 222 Rem dies to size it.

Basic Member
    Had forgot 'til i was nosing around in my notes a few days ago; some years ago there was a write-up for the .256 max with data, i kind of recall this being pistol data, but not sure of barrel length. Somewhere i have the whole article saved, will do some more nosing about for that. My carbine speeds were averaging about 100-150fps faster than the speeds posted in this article.

summary:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12