Thread: In search of sub 14 oz trigger for a Savage 12 BVSS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuj' View Post
    Here ya' go NF1E......I have the grandson shooting off a Bald Eagle that I added one of Butch Lambert's
    Joy stick tops, with a 4" bag and one of my longer sticks. Most people dump the cable when they get them.
    I have it bolted to a 12 lb plate, Very solid setup for rimfire. I just threw a simple 4" plate on a pic rail just
    to get him out in some nice weather last year. That CZ has a 10 oz Timney but put it at a one lb, to let him
    work on some bench manners. Harrels spiral tuner brake was on just for a dog and pony show. They are junk
    after a box of ammo, being that they plug up with bullet lube.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zach_1st_ match.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	360.5 KB 
ID:	10437Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CZ459_AT_One.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	320.4 KB 
ID:	10438
    Very nice. Wonderful to be bringing the youngsters up the ladder.
    Semper Fi

Sgt USMC 66-72

Team Savage
    I saw this on youtube a few days back. The man in video claims he's getting 12 oz pull. For me 10-12 oz is just right. Also note the chance of a slamming the bolt and getting a fire is pretty nill. For any ounce IMHO due to the accutrigger second safety which blocks the sear unless the ACCU Release Lever (first silver trigger) is pulled. Thats the beauty of making mods to the accutrigger it really does have a second safety!

Heres the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba3s...el=TGCorbinski

Order History for both the screw and spring:
    - I ordered QTY 25, SS 10-24 x 3/4 round head phillips/slotted machine screws from Amazon @ $3.40.
    - Similar to Dave's mod, the man in the video also used a C-582. I ordered QTY 2 from Amazon for $6.48.
    To be certain you get the correct spring the AMAZON SPECS READ C-582 3/16" OD x 1/38" L x .016
    Total cost was ~ $10.00 US.
    Two day delivery to the Midwest

I believe if you go to hardware store like Tru-Value they should also have these. Probably for a tad less as you wont have to buy QTY 25 machine screws or 2 pack of springs.

If it doesn't work then I am out $10.00....However, it is very similar to Dave's mod (thank you Dave!) and that gives me confidence as its using the same spring. The only problem is its a crude mod compared to Daves. KUDO's also Dave on your craftsmanship!

Basic Member
    My vote is JARD. I bought one to replace the accu trigger while chasing my tail on some machine work I did. This is the fastest trigger replacement you can do. 3 minutes. It fits well with no shims like the sloppy factory accu trigger. No mods to the springs. Factory set to your specs. Not sure if you can adjust it is the only con I have. Crisp with no drag or grit. And it's 219 bucks.

i did start on my 223/6.5 factory triggers but have not finished yet. Not looking for light as it will be on the 223 coyote gun. 3#s and crisp.

Basic Member
    By the way these are savage axis II setups. I now have a 110 to play with.