Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Tomek View Post
Looks like there's potential for some terrific accuracy in the making. I hope you get to use one (or BOTH!) of them on some hogs soon. They've been scare here, and my trigger finger is in need of live target therapy ha ha.
Either barrel is hog medicine for sure. That 18" barrel would be handy for brush-beating or make a dandy truck gun. The longer barrel could lose a couple of inches and still retain all the accuracy, velocity and handling characteristics. For target, plinking or stand hunting, it would fill the bill nicely.

Since I have the 20" 445 Super Mag as well, I may opt to keep that one along with the longer barrel. Having the dedicated 44 Mag is satisfying and the Super Mag, loaded hot or loaded down a little with slower powders, provides good options for different situations. I'm much happier with the chambers on either of the 44 Mags than the way the Super Mag is cut. It appears to be about .005" bigger than either of the Mag chambers. I end up just partially sizing the brass to avoid working it more than necessary. But it is a Super Mag and I do have a soft spot. :)