Thread: A22 magnum

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Hopefully they make every good for you.

I've only had to send one rifle back due to a bad barrel. It was a NEF handi rifle and it took almost a year to get a replacement. Their reason was they only run that caliber once a year (22-250). That's after they lost the receiver in their shipping department and I had to get weights from UPS to prove I had actually sent the receiver in with the barrel assembly. That was the absolute worst customer service experience I've had related to firearms.

LR

A little update. Sent the rifle back to Savage and they had it two months. Got it back with a note that said “repaired”. I looked it over, checked the barrel etc., loaded a mag and took it out to the bench. One shot, two shot, full auto for two, full auto for three, light strike, failed to cock the action, one last shot. Couldn’t believe it. Took it out the next day to video it but all I got were light strikes and fail to cock. Sent it back to Savage again and they’re going to send a new rifle supposedly. I have absolutely zero confidence the next one will be any different. I’m afraid I’m dealing with the Yugo of the semi auto world. I’ll update as the bad news warrants.

I gave mine to my son to keep out at the ranch. I've got it functioning reliably (though the trigger safety doesn't want to reset) but it's just so inaccurate that I don't have any interest in shooting it. Just a massive waste of money. I'd sell it but I can't in good conscience pass it on without taking a substantial loss.