Thread: What to do, what to do???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Team Savage
    I'm fairly certain I heard "Hornet." But I know for sure I heard .300 Savage, 7-30 Waters, 6.5 Grendel & .225 AI. I do recall that the Waters is 24" and stainless and think there was a shorter version as well.

I would love to have a .300 Savage, a .250 Savage would be nice as well.
    It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fencepost than to shoot for the fencepost and hit the ground!

Team Savage
    OK, here is a list of the barrels. His name is Craig, and his # is 602-316-8299. He will also have a bunch of stocks to sell soon for Dave.

Team Savage

Am getting ready...

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Tomek View Post

Am getting ready...
    I have to say, of all the 225-based wildcats, I think I like the idea of this 270 version the best. I liked that 6.8 Long Rimmed barrel and even using 30-30 brass much shorter than full length, it had a lot of potential. Your x225 version should really be capable of some power and velocity, even with heavier bullets. :)

Team Savage
    I really haven't toyed with the idea of potential velocity for this one, but it has a good bit more capacity than a 6.8 SPC, so anything above 6.8 SPC performance will be gravy, so to speak. I'd be completely content with the 120 grain SST at 2600 fps (factory 6.8 120 grain SST load claims something like 2460 fps) or the 95 grainer in the 2850 range. He'll be shipping to me on Tuesday, so maybe by next weekend I'll have it. For fireforming, I have 100 blem Nosler 130 grain BTs that I bought for about $26 when they were on sale last year.

Team Savage
    That should put you right at 6.5 JDJ performance close any way, I may have to buy one of those new Garmin radars