Thread: What to do, what to do???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Team Savage
    Bobby, years ago I bought 500 6mm bullets because they were priced right. DIDN'T HAVE A 6MM BARREL. It started the whole rabbit hole thing. Now, in my 30 or so barrels I have five 6mm's now. In hindsight I should have thrown the bullets away.

Hope you are doing well.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by bsekf View Post
    Bobby, years ago I bought 500 6mm bullets because they were priced right. DIDN'T HAVE A 6MM BARREL. It started the whole rabbit hole thing. Now, in my 30 or so barrels I have five 6mm's now. In hindsight I should have thrown the bullets away.

Hope you are doing well.

Bill
    I wonder how many Contender barrels have been purchased base on having buttload of bullets to shoot up. My latest trip down that road is with 44 caliber. I bought a bunch of JHP and JFP bulk bullets years ago and ended up without a 44 barrel because I couldn't comfortably handle the recoil in my 14". I'm currently in possession of a 445 Supermag carbine and not one but two 44 Mag carbine barrels. And to make matters even more stupid, I still buy XTPs every time they go on sale somewhere because they shoot much more accurately. :D :D

Team Savage
    I think we are all related somehow.... same dumb reasoning here I will get the barrel to shoot it all up and sell it no problem, Then comes another deal to good to pass up Midway's birthday sale, some guy who clearly does not know the current value of whatever we dont need, I made it to less than 40 then last week another 2 showed up all by self ??? who ordered them I wondered, It was worse north of 60 was the average for years

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysmarine View Post
    ...It was worse north of 60 was the average for years
    By comparison, I'm the picture of restraint! :) I've probably had up to around 20 at one time and the number has shrunk and swelled in cycles but I've settled on the handful, 7 or 8, that I can legitimately use and am interested in as shooting/loading projects.
    I'd have more Contender barrels, no doubt, if I hadn't made the decision to stick with bolt action for 223 and semi-autos and bolts for rimfire. Also, I'm light on handgun barrels these days because I just don't like punishing my hands with recoil. :)

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysmarine View Post
    I think we are all related somehow....
    No doubt about that! Exactly how I ended up with my .25-20 carbine barrel, I had accumulated 2 boxes of Remington factory ammo and I needed something to shoot it with before it went bad
    It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fencepost than to shoot for the fencepost and hit the ground!

Team Savage
    Yeah, I hear a lot of that spoiled ammo virus is going around. Almost as contagious as Covid!

Team Savage
    My recent side effect is a 9.5" 218 Bee, Just because Midway has them( Bee bullets) on stupid sale 11.29 a box one should never forget how many you bought the time before and the time before that and..... So at least they will stop collecting dust now, I hope

Meanwhile, I have this pile of NOS Winchester .25-35 brass.....
    It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fencepost than to shoot for the fencepost and hit the ground!

Quote Originally Posted by BobT View Post
    Meanwhile, I have this pile of NOS Winchester .25-35 brass.....
    I think I'd rather have a 25-35 than the 25 Bullberry barrel I have. Before LVR powder there was no comparison but the 25-35 will keep up with the larger-capacity Bullberry with new powders. If for no other reason, 25-35 dies are cheap and plentiful. I'm still loading without a 25-35 die set and don't see buying a set any time soon. :)

Team Savage
    I was momentarily excited , I have been thinking of selling my 25-35 Barrel and getting a 23-35 AI or a 25 BB but now I dunno, See what you've done now I do have Leverevelution hummmmm I wonder what that would do in my 257 JDJ

Basic Member
    257 JDJ!!!!! 🤣 I use to have a 17 inch 257
    JDJ Encore barrel until my son started hunting! Now
    he’s claiming it!

Team Savage
    Quote Originally Posted by HHI6818 View Post
    257 JDJ!!!!! 藍 I use to have a 17 inch 257
    JDJ Encore barrel until my son started hunting! Now
    he’s claiming it!
    Hah! I think I predicted he'd relieve you of that rig. I remember the videos you had shared years ago. B was lethal with that .257 JDJ no matter if it was inanimate targets or deer.

I gave serious though to another .257 JDJ and was leaning heavily that way until the .270 x .225 IMP (.270 JDJ) from Van Horn came into the picture.

Team Savage
    Sunday pondering... Wouldn't it be nice if I could just be satisfied with just one...... well but then ... and.... just one more.....oh I forgot about that one....Ah who am I kidding.... I need that one too.... oh yeah.. yep need one of those

Bobby, Almost don't want to know, But I'm sure your going to tell me anyway.

Now I'm wondering who has that reamer

Quote Originally Posted by J A XSP View Post
    I wonder how many Contender barrels have been purchased base on having buttload of bullets to shoot up. My latest trip down that road is with 44 caliber. I bought a bunch of JHP and JFP bulk bullets years ago and ended up without a 44 barrel because I couldn't comfortably handle the recoil in my 14". I'm currently in possession of a 445 Supermag carbine and not one but two 44 Mag carbine barrels. And to make matters even more stupid, I still buy XTPs every time they go on sale somewhere because they shoot much more accurately. :D :D
    Exactly correct! Haha Either a stash of bullets, brass or running across a set of dies, have worked their way into logical reasoning to seek out a barrel in many occasion. Gotta love it.