Thread: Axis one-piece weaver rail, 2 options?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    Yes, it’s the screws. I’m sorry, I thought I relayed that. I should have been more.
    No no Dave, you gave me all the info I needed, I just read it too fast n didn’t really put it all together lol. I was getting the 48400 rail anyway, I just called Weaver to find out what was different about the two. It’s been a bit of a roller coaster with this rifle, I assumed it would fit in like the others but not yet anyways. Looking very forward to getting this all sorted out and solving my coyote problem. Thanks again!

Quick question on a related note.

I have an Axis 2 stainless XP in 223 (love this rifle). I upgraded it a tad over the years with a wood stock and switched to a one piece rail.

Recently just purchased a bare bones Axis 2 in 30-06 (still waiting for it to ship). From my understanding my original two piece rail mounts from my .223 should bolt right up to this new rifle. Will likley get a one rail for it as well eventually but for now just want to get a scope mounted to try rifle and check its accuracy before I drop any $$$ on it. Am I correct in this assumption?

Banned
    That is always a good plan. Patience is a virtue, afterall.

Basic Member
    I'd still be using the two piece if any of my scope bodies were long enough. I don't really like the extended scope rings so a rail was my only realistic option.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie b View Post
    I'd still be using the two piece if any of my scope bodies were long enough. I don't really like the extended scope rings so a rail was my only realistic option.
    Same here, my scope isn’t long enough to fit comfortably with the two piece bases. New rifle new feel, but I just can’t seem to get comfortable with this one yet. I really like this rifle however.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by First303 View Post
    Same here, my scope isn’t long enough to fit comfortably with the two piece bases. New rifle new feel, but I just can’t seem to get comfortable with this one yet. I really like this rifle however.
    Meaning?? Scope too far forward or back?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    Meaning?? Scope too far forward or back?
    Too far forward Dave, when I slide it back it touches the objective bell, so I moved it forward just a hair in order to not touch. It works, but I find I need to lean more into it to see clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by TinyBear View Post
    Quick question on a related note.

I have an Axis 2 stainless XP in 223 (love this rifle). I upgraded it a tad over the years with a wood stock and switched to a one piece rail.

Recently just purchased a bare bones Axis 2 in 30-06 (still waiting for it to ship). From my understanding my original two piece rail mounts from my .223 should bolt right up to this new rifle. Will likley get a one rail for it as well eventually but for now just want to get a scope mounted to try rifle and check its accuracy before I drop any $$$ on it. Am I correct in this assumption?

What year is your 223? If it’s after 2021, I don’t see why not?