Thread: Firing pin, springs, FTF.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KMW1954 View Post
    Was able to make it to the range today. Shot a number of different loads at 100 yards hoping to fine one that will work for the first weeks league shot. Think I found one.
    Also shot a total of 70 rounds with not one single failure.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1096.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	169.7 KB 
ID:	10249

60gr VMAX with TAC, seated to 1.885" BTO with Remington 71/2 primers. 5 shots ea. round robin

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1097.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	172.3 KB 
ID:	10250

60gr VMAX with Benchmark, seated to 1.885" BTO and Remington primers. 5 shots ea. round robin
    Center row black are 2 ea. of this same setup that were loaded with A2460. The two black within the red circle are 10 rounds of cheap 62gr Hornady HPBT that I was getting from MidSouth but haven't seen any for 2 years.

Thanks all!
    The rifle seems to exhibit 20% fliers, is this fairly common for your set up or something new ?

Basic Member
    I believe a small amount is the rifle but most I admit falls back on me. In actuality switching to this 60gr bullet has made a measurable improvement over the 69gr bullets I was shooting last year. Plus some of what we see is me and rust. I have really not had the opportunity to shoot nearly as much this year as the past couple years. As it is now I am only able to shoot one day per week because the range has changed to winter schedule and when I am there working I've been having to work the 25yd pistol range. Last year I was shooting probably 3 days each week.

Basic Member
    The fliers are a sign of inconsistent ignition.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter View Post
    The fliers are a sign of inconsistent ignition.
    Thats what I’ve experienced as well.

Quote Originally Posted by KMW1954 View Post
    I believe a small amount is the rifle but most I admit falls back on me. In actuality switching to this 60gr bullet has made a measurable improvement over the 69gr bullets I was shooting last year. Plus some of what we see is me and rust. I have really not had the opportunity to shoot nearly as much this year as the past couple years. As it is now I am only able to shoot one day per week because the range has changed to winter schedule and when I am there working I've been having to work the 25yd pistol range. Last year I was shooting probably 3 days each week.
    Do you set up wind flags when your tuning a load ? These are really important when evaluating targets.