Quote Originally Posted by KMW1954 View Post
1st I do not dispute what you are saying, as a matter of fact that is exactly why I brought this here to this forum and asked the question to begin with. Because I was looking for answers to the pin/spring question because I do not have the experience to diagnose or even identify it. As I also stated at the beginning that I believed it to be a cause of the issue. I kind of wish you would have explained this exactly this way from the beginning. Might have saved my hard head some long headaches.

I will also admit that yes I too was distracted by this brass and wondered if that could be causing a headspace issue and contributing to the problem. Again, like everyone else I have never seen this happen before and could not understand how this could be happening. I also will admit that I did not want to install those new parts being uncertain it would work.

I do appreciate you taking the time and breaking down this explanation, Not that I fully understand it but it does make sense now.

Unfortunately I am out of time and cannot obtain all the parts to convert this to the old style pin assembly. We start shooting league one week from Sunday. Though I will replace these springs with what I now have.
You should make time, weak ignition causes accuracy issues. I believe Shapeshooter is correct.