Thread: savage 110 26 in barrel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark611 View Post
    CF, it looks like you have done your homework! this is just my opinion, I know some of you are not going to share the same opinion, first off let me say I'm a fan of the 223/5.56 in the right plat form, I know people use this cartridge to shoot long range on varmints, it's cheaper to shoot and reload than a lot of other cartridges out there, but for me I don't prefer this cartridge in a bolt gun, I have several AR's that I've built in the 223 Wylde chamber, and that's where this cartridge shines IMO, my M12 223rem in its factory forum is a good and accurate shooter, but I'm not happy with the 223rem in this rifle, that's just me, I put about 1400 shots thru this barrel and decided it's time for an upgrade in performance, I have not even shot this rifle in about 10yrs or longer, just sits in my safe, so changes are on the way! JMO for me so please understand my thinking, if you gonna shoot long range use a suitable Cartiedge!

I agree with Mark. For nearly two decades 223 has been one of my must have rounds, and I will forever have at least one firearm chambered for it. That said, in all those years I have never owned a 223 Bolt Gun. It’s always been an AR15 that I built, never bought. My top AR also has a 223 Wylde chamber, 1:8 twist. However, I certainly don’t blame shooters for using it in a 110. And yes, they will see the performance from it my AR’s may get close to, but never surpass. And that’s fine. Because that’s why I have my model 10 chambered in 260AI.

26", 9 twist, and don't reload ?? Go to sgammo . com And get an ammo can of IMI Mod1 77gr Razor Core.
    These are loaded with Sierra Match Kings. Some time back, I tested these against the premium Black Hills,
    and they shot the same for 40% less money.....Get the IMI mil spec brown box and not the green and white
    box. Brown box, the brass is numbered in sequential order and the other is mixed. For what it's worth, there
    is also the 69 grain, but did not shoot as well.
    Keeping my bad Karma intact since 1952