Hello all. New guy here and new Savage owner. I just picked up a used Axis II 300blk in Veil camo to use as a short distance deer rifle while I wait to finish a higher end build that I am working on. After purchasing the rifle, I realized that the previous owner had removed the safety blade from the Accu-trigger. I did a lot of reading about this and decided to check the function of the rifle (unloaded). I cannot get the rifle to dry-fire by slamming the bolt closed, bumping the stock, or putting pressure on the trigger in any direction other than rearward as intended. However, I did discover the following. When the bolt is closed and the rifle is ready to fire AND the manual tang safety is engaged (the state the rifle would likely be in while in the blind), you can pull the trigger and it will move rearward approximately 1/8", click, and lock into place. The trigger cannot be pushed back forward and the only way to unlock the trigger at this point is to unlock the bolt or to disengage the manual tang safety. Disengaging the manual safety dry-fires the rifle every time.

Obviously, if I am in the blind and attempt to fire at a deer without disengaging the safety (unlikely but possible in the heat of the moment), I would be forced to unbolt the rifle, likely ruining any shot I had. The PO is supposedly mailing me the trigger blade. So my questions...

1. Is it difficult to reinstall?
2. Is the safety issue a side-effect of the modified trigger? Or is there something else going on here?

Thanks in advance.