Thread: Impossible to find 223 Mag # 55155 or 55151 for model 10. Thinking about relinquishing rifle.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistoler0 View Post
    <<And let us know how they work. I don't remember anyone reporting back on them for a while.>>

Chalie b, I got the mag (it came from Optics Planet) and it seems to cycle rounds flawlessly, loading and extracting them with no issues.
    I haven't shot the rifle with the new mag yet, but as far as cycling the rounds it is doing it consistently, like it did with the original mag that came with the rifle.
    Thanks for the feedback. I am glad to know they work well. I've been close to ordering one but since most of my shooting is from a bench I just haven't pulled the trigger.

Heck, I still have the .223 magazine in my Axis even though I have a .308 barrel on it :) Single feed works just fine.

Basic Member
    Part of the reason these mags are hard to find is that people just don't buy a lot of them. I admit, I've got one mag for my bolt guns. They are not high volume shooters. I use them mostly for hunting. I just keep spare rounds in cartridge loops or in a pocket and reload the mag as needed. Now ARs and Glocks, I've got enough mags to never need to reload them at the range, all day.

My 110 varmint uses the same mag.

I've got a gremlin living under my box car. He takes things everyday. I can't find something everyday. Almost half my day is spent not finding what he took. Now when I put something away I take a picture of where I put it. I looked for over a year for lh 6.8 bolt I ordered one found it the day after the new one arrived.

Basic Member
    Those gremlins are smart too. Notice he didn't put the old one back until after you got the new one?

Many years ago, after the gremlin stole another part from me, I refitted my entire shop. I made bins for everything and labeled them. Tool chests. The whole thing.

Didn't make any difference. Those 8mm bolts still got mixed in with the 5/16 bolts. And the 6mm bolts I bought ended up in the bin for 1/4in pins (which was on the other side of the shop). Tools? About the only thing that changed is now I know when the gremlin visited cause there is a blank spot in the drawer or on the peg board.

In stock at cheaper than dirt. 66.32

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/sava...356551559.html
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.