Hey guys,

I'm new here, so if this has been discussed in the past, please forgive me.

The problem I am having is that I have a Savage Edge in 25.06 and about 10 years ago the ejector broke. I put it in the closet and didn't do anything about it until recently. About a year or two ago I bought a kit to replace the extractor and ejector and when I removed the head to get the he ejector out, the broken part was permanently stuck in the hole. I tried everything I could think of to remove it and finally admitted defeat and bought a new short action head from Gunshack shortly after. I also bought the new improved ejector and extractor kit from them as well.

Now, this morning I finally got around to replacing the bolt head and when I put the bolt back in the gun and tried to close it, it won't close. It feels very much like when you try to close the bolt on a cartridge that isn't sized properly and won't allow the bolt to close.

I checked the new bolt head dimensions against the old one and everything seems to be identical except the recess that the cartridge goes into is .004 shallower than the old bolt head. All exterior dimensions are the same though.

Any ideas why the bolt won't close?

Mike