New to the group, this is my first Savage. I just picked up a lightly used Savage 12 F Class. Factory Stock and Target Action, 30" Criterion Barrel, Jard Trigger, Master Class 3 Way adjustable Butt Pad. I took the stock off and noticed the action screws were only engaged by 3 threads. I checked to make sure the recoil lug wasn't bottoming in the stock and that checked out okay. All 3 action screws appear to be factory original. The two short action screws measured 1.060 from end of thread to the shoulder of the screw. I checked the available thread depth in the action and a screw of just under 1.250" will fit without touching the bolt. I called Savage and after giving them the action's serial number, they are sending out 3 new action screws, though they couldn't confirm the length of the screws over the phone. Hopefully, they are the correct length. For a 1/4 inch screw, you should have at least 1/4 inch of thread engaged, which for a 1/4-28 screw, would be 7 threads. I have to commend them for their customer support. Will update when the new screws arrive.