Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Tomek View Post
JA-If you wind up with that 23" 25-35, I can tell you it LOVES Hodgdon's LVR and the 80 grain Barnes TTSX. It'll safely drive it well over 2900 fps. No other powder came close to that speed and gilt-edged accuracy that this combo provided, though it did very well with a number of other powders/bullets. I used conventional 25-35 brass and reformed 30-30; both served me very well. The 30-30 brass will require a reduction in powder charge due to the variance in internal capacity.

The 100 grain Ballistic Tip at 2600 fps is also very effective on deer, hogs and coyotes. But I can say the same for the 85 grain BT, the 87 grain Speer SP and old-style Hornady 87 grain SP. At 25-35 speeds, they'll hold together plenty well for deer and drop them quickly and humanely.
It'd be a good one and would go well toward my efforts to get my collection to have more "factory" rounds so I can feel better about keeping them in the family without the requirements for reloading. :) I hope to be around for a lot more years but when it comes time to divvy up my stuff, I'd like to leave something that's easy to use. Ammo like the 25-35 isn't all that easy to come by but I actually found some available at Midway. At retail price, I may not be doing anyone any favors setting up for factory ammo. :D :D :D