Thread: 110 BA build. Lots of questions.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    This was what I remembered from Jim's comments:

"So in other words, Savage just did a band-aid fix to allow the 110 design to questionably handle the 338 LM. That's what happens when you have engineers designing guns who have a piece of paper from a fancy school that says they're smart but have little to no practical experience with guns or gunsmithing."

Wow when u guys show up ,you all show up! Im gonna need a bigger grill! I am super impressed at the responses!!! Thank you all! I am a avid hunter and shooter and this will be for the later. I am sad to say this is going to be another just because rifle. I like to show up and compete with friends using different things. Im kinda wanting to build a budget friendly savage and go crush some high end rifles (a few buddies shoot AIs). I am a bit of a accuracy junky. I dont keep anything that doesnt make me chuckle with little groups or just plain impressive power. This rifle is on track to being too heavy to lug across NE for white tail. I more or less want to fill another caliber and have a reason to look through every pile of bullets at local gs looking for new things to try. The closest thing to a savage build was a 320 in 357 harrett, besides the previos mentioned upgrades on 12s and 116s. So this is a learning curve for me. I can see i found the correct source for knowledge and guidance. I hope you all have as good of a day as you provided for me! Keep em coming!